Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fun post on Facebook


Also, in relation to my previous post, undoubtedly, I’m going to go ahead and assume that most of you, like myself, who have a Facebook account likely joined simply because everyone around you decided to join. You joined because you wanted to stay connected, stay ‘in with the crowd’, and though you questioned it at first, you probably ended up accepting it quicker than your total alienation of your once vibrant Myspace. None of us did background checks, looked at their fan base, or compared company reports, etc. just to see how they were going, and if they were worth joining. But somehow or another, we all just decided to make the leap into Facebook. And now look at us, without even thinking about it, we use it at home, we use it at work, we use it in school, on our phone; needless to say going by definition, this behaviour can now only be described as an ‘addictive behaviour’ for most of us. The transition from doing things out of habit to an addiction. Just like smoking, drinking, shopping, eating and sex.  

So if you realise that your using Facebook more times in one day than you can count; if you realise you've allocated time out in your everyday to check, like in the morning, at night and in between meals; if you realise that you unconsciously open Facebook on your phone in awkward situations like waiting in a line or café while your friend goes to pee cause you cant stand or sit still for that extra 3 minutes; you are addicted.
But its okay, we’ll get through it; I welcome you with both arms in our first steps to beating our addiction in saying:

"Hello, I’m Jamie, and I'm a Facebook-aholic." - Haha


2 comments:

  1. Dear Jamie
    I am a Facebook-aholic as well
    how do I overcome this addiction
    I've overcome the first step which is admitting I've got a problem... what is the next step

    Please help me

    seriously.
    help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris,
      unfortunately, I cant.... I never got past the first step.

      =P

      Delete